From Semiconductor Spectroscopy and Devices
Control and applications of light at the nanoscale meeting
This interdisciplinary conference was held at the University of Strathclyde from Monday the 2nd of September to Tuesday the 3rd of September. The meeting was partly supported by the Institute of Physics.
The student presentation award at the meeting was made to Mr. Peter Reader-Harris `Flexible Guided Mode Resonance Filter for Lab-on-Fiber applications'.
A further Nanolight meeting is planned for 2015.
Presentations at the meeting included
- Surface plasmon spectroscopies
- Fluorescence of nano-systems
- Time dependent near field microscopies and spectroscopies
- Non-linear nano-optics
- SERS and related techniques
- 31st of July - deadline for abstract submissions
- 9th of August - late abstract and registration deadline
- 2nd - 3rd September - meeting